Almost a year ago, I became a part of a wonderful, inspiring project, comprised of 80 families (including mine) who were eager to share our real life stories with others that received a Down Syndrome Diagnosis.
The site is divided into 5 sections:
- Expecting the Unexpected [Prenatal diagnosis]
- In Due Time [Potential Diagnosis]
- Simply Unexpected [Birth Diagnosis]
- An Added Twist [Unique Diagnosis]
- His and Hers [Couple’s Perspectives]
My story, “A Missed Diagnosis” can be found on page 15 of “An Added Twist.
If you know of somebody facing a prenatal Down syndrome diagnosis or somebody who learned at birth that their baby was born with an extra chromosome, I would encourage you to pass this beautiful, hope-filled book along to them.
A special thanks goes out to Down Syndrome Diagnosis Network which supports moms and families who have received a new Down syndrome diagnosis. Through their support, MissionT21.com is able to offer these stories for readers to view and download free of charge. Please consider making a $5.00 donation to help them further their mission.
Latest posts by Jenny Ward (see all)
- MissionT21.com – Unexpected Stories of a Down Syndrome Diagnosis - January 1, 1970